University of Bradford. This day school, to be held jointly with the Division of Archaeological, Geographical and Environmental Sciences at the University of Bradford, will focus on recent research into the effects of mining and quarrying on the people, landscape and cultural environment of Yorkshire. Speakers will include:
- David Cotton on the Geology of Yorkshire
- Robert White on the uses of Limestone
- Gerry McDonnell on the medieval Ironstone industry
- David Pybus on the Alum industry of north-east Yorkshire
- Eileen White on mining for Stone in Idle
- Rosemary Preece on the disappearing landscapes of the Coal industry
- George Sheeran on a rural colliery and its squire: Colsterdale, North Yorkshire.